Sunday, April 18, 2010

Springtime!

Wow. It seems like I have neglected this little blog of mine for quite some time. I want to say I've been busier than ever and it really feels like I have, only I haven't been any busier with work and school than I normally am. Its the weather! No one wants to stay inside blogging when there's vitamin D to be absorbed and friends drinking Corona Lights in your backyard on a Wednesday afternoon! There are BeerBQs to be had and homemade hangover pancakes to be made for guests in the morning! There is nothing I look forward to in my life in NJ as much as beautiful beautiful spring. Its the only thing that makes the miserable winter so worth it. The first decently warm, sunny day happens and everyone embraces it: girls don dresses and boys break out the shorts. Recently the spring has been extreme to say the least, we've had 85 degree beach days (yes the boys and I took the day off to hit the Jersey Shore(!)) and 50 degree miserable rainy days.
Despite the weather I have had some responsibilities. My internship is going so well its hard to put in words. I scaled back from 3 to 2 days a week; 18 credits and an internship 3 days a week is too much for me even though I always seem to think I can do it all. I have really started to learn a lot more than I anticipated. It is a very hands-on experience, I dress models and send out mailers and run garments all over SoHo.
This past Friday I hand packaged pieces to be sent to Rachel Bilson, Jessica Alba, Leighton Meester, Jessica Szhor, Kate Bosworth, Alexa Chung, and Carrey Mulligan. I have almost fallen off ladders trying to reorganize the paperwork in the stockroom and stuffed more envelopes than can fill up a mail truck. I survived my first New York fashion week, it was an amazing experience. I have met some really nice people and I’m sad to see this internship coming to a close soon. I can only be excited for what my Fall internship will bring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment